Solar outage

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

My worst day was today at 10:47 UTC. At the peak, the reported
quality was 29% (yellow), SNR ~4.8dB, BER ~6E-3. However, I seem
not to loose any segments (probably just luck, as it was just past
the 15-minute point, where Eumetcast goes silent for about a minute.

Interestingly, during wind and rain, when I have missed segments,
the indicators have not dropped anything like that low, suggesting
perhaps that the indicators average over too long a period to show
problems, and that momentary drops due to wind (moving the dish) may
be quite important.

Open for discussion....