today's imagery

Robert Moore

This is not of any great importance, but I hope of some interest. If you run an HRV false colour animation for the UK today you will see (at least) two bits of interesting cloud imagery: (1) over Scotland, high thin cloud is racing southwards over much lower static cloud (which has a wave structure). (2) In the English Channel after clouds pass through the Straits of Dover they can be seen forming a long thin line just off the French coast - with the UK coast clear.
I think I have seen this latter phenomenon discussed previously in meteorological circles, but I forget the details. It is an example of something or other!

Robert

Robert Moore

44 (0) 1352 714456