Re: LRIT

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Robert Moore wrote:
As a matter of interest do we know to what extent and why anyone is
using the LRIT images? I think we're all agreed that with the
availability of HRIT there's really no need for LRIT in our circle of
enthusiasts - but does it have its uses and users?

Robert
Why?

- it's available over the closed FTP service, so you don't need a dish

- it may be cheaper to licence commercially ??

Of course, if we didn't have EUMETCast we might require a somewhat bigger dish to get LRIT (compared to WEFAX), and a much bigger dish to get HRIT. The cost of the receiver can be guessed by looking at the systems being offered for the US LRIT service - consumer quality $3000, professional $7500...

SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com