Re: loss of signal

Robert Moore

The local TV installers who originally fitted my dish came to fix it today. They (and I) expected to find the wind had shifted the alignment of the dish but what they found was that the constant shaking of the dish had loosened two of the bolts that pass through the dish to secure the LNB arm. This was in spite of them originally securing the bolts really tightly with spring washers. The bolts had actually fallen out and could not be found. Thus the LNB was out of the focus of the dish.
Normal service now restored. But another, rather unexpected, hazard of prolonged exposure to high winds revealed. I know not many of you have to have your dishes in such exposed positions, but if you do, it might be worth checking these bolts from time to time.

Robert

Robert Moore

44 (0) 1352 714456