Re: METEOSAT 7 Images??

Robert Moore

World FSD might contain any of; GOES-9 -10 -12 Met-5 Met-7, depending on which you have ticked in Setup|FSD in the DataManager. Met-8 is not here but under the main MSG-1 HRIT tab in the Manager.

Robert

--On 08 November 2004 23:14 +0000 Bigyun2000 <bigyun2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi ROBERT
Thanks for the info

Re MET 7. I guess this is MET 8. I am using MSG Data Manager and looking
in WORLD FSD.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Moore [mailto:rsmoore@liverpool.ac.uk]
Sent: 08 November 2004 23:04
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] METEOSAT 7 Images??

--On 08 November 2004 22:49 +0000 Bigyun2000 <bigyun2000@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

Hi all

I have only just started with MSG-1 so a newbie. I am also trying David
Taylor's excellent program MSG Data Manager
Tony - why do you need Met 7 when you have Met 8?

Can anyone tell me how often the Met 7 images are downloaded as at the
moment all I seem to be getting is GEOS 10, GEOS 12, GEOS 9 and NO Met7
or Met5.

I keep looking in the 12. High res vis window but guess this will only be
available during light hours?
Correct

I am able to receive NOAA APT images?
No - some of the sounding data from NOAA are rebroadcast through Met-8,
but not images as such. Don't even think about this at present!

Can I receive RSS and how do I view it?
Yes, you just need to register for RSS and then receive with the software
you are already using - and I assume you are using geoSatSignal to view
the images? The MSG-1 group mail should have a specific pointer to the
method for registering for RSS. Sorry I can't remember it off the top of
my head.

I have read many messages and looked at loads of websites. VERY CONFUSED
Most of us were at one time - stick to this mailing list, you'll get
clear advice. As I hope this is.

Robert

Thanks
Regards