Re: signal loss

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

Is there anyone else out there having a similar problem?
Robert,

I also had similar symptons caused by trees. Prior to the trees coming into leaf I had no problems and a rock steady signal from an 88cm patio mounted dish. I then noted variations in signal strength in breezy conditions. I was unable to resight the dish at ground level to clear the trees. Estimating the clear line of sight is very difficult.

You can check this now because as the sun passes through the azimuth of Hotbird (164) it is close to to the elevation of the satellite. Any shadow and you have a tree problem.

Hope the sun shines at approx 1050z

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.html

Peter