Signal strenght reading

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

Folks,

been reading the nice posting on the other list, and I'd like to add
my 2 europennies to the discussion.

With my extra-small dish setup (40cm in a plastic bucket, look for
luca-dish.jpg in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SatSignal/files/ ) and
the USB version of the SkyStar2 adapter my signal strength is
anywhere from 8% (deep red) to 22-23% (barely yellow), and yet I can
receive 100% of the data, of course if the weather is nice.

So, maybe the signal level is not so important after all... maybe
it's very quick changes in the signal level due to local weather like
heavy rain or hail that create the issue, but definitely not a low
signal strenght.

Bye, Luca