Re: Setup help please

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

For those of us YET to install our SkyStar cards (never mind
purchase the new
computer to put it in) could somebody please give chapter and
verse as to
just
where the SkyStar card should (preferably) be installed - (with
all this user
experience) - despite 'overheating' and what installation
instructions state?

My advice - not chapter and verse, please note - is:

- locate a PCI slot with no card on either side of it

- remove the back panel blanking plates from the adjacent empty
slots to try and improve the air flow over the DVB card

- install the card

That worked for me - if your computer is at all "hot" because of hot
hard disks, overclocked CPU, supa-dupa graphics card etc. - you may
need added cooling.

Now a question for everyone else: what happens if the card gets too
hot - how do you detect this?