Re: Setup help please

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Martin" <Dave.Martin@m...> wrote:

Ian,
just for info (and hopefully not to prolong the non-MSG thread!)
Well, it _is_ an MSG-1 thread as far as I can tell. Here's why!

Eumetsat has projects (e.g. for Africa) where end-users will not
have the support of large suppliers, and may have to do the
installation work themselves. Therefore anything we (as self-
installers) have to contribute may help Eumetsat or others develop a
package which is easier to install.

Examples: should the TV side be removed? It's great as first check
on operation but one can imagine some operators who may prefer
football to MSG-1 data! A checklist for moving a card might be
another useful aid we could contribute (you did check the IP
addresses, didn't you?).