From: paul@telco.demon.co.uk
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Setup help please

Hello Ian and Group,

I started of with the DVB card in my office PC running XP. That was where I found that the Tellique software prevents TV reception. Hence my interest in your ability to receive both.

My present headaches with Win98 are because I have extended to a two PC setup using a second PC in my workshop to receive. The receive PC has to run 98 as I have other essential software which will definately not run on XP. (I don't plan to use the other software while receiving!). Otherwise I would jump to install XP on both - I agree with Dave Martin's view of XP/W2k over 9x.

The grief I suffered yesterday was prompted by extra missing segments on my system. I was looking at Tuesday's discussion of missing segments and comparing my MDM missing segments report to those posted. Mine always has two or more missing segments. That was why I decided to move the card from slot 1 to slot 0. It REALLY didn't work in slot 0 and I am still trying to get reception working again. Apparently using 'Add/Remove programs' to remove the Technisat and Tellique software and 'Device Manager' to remove the card from the hardware config still leaves references to the card in the operating system somewhere. Convincing it that it only has one card and that it is back in slot 1 has been a hard job. Strangely, the Technisat software doesn't mind and I get a nice green satellite Icon on my taskbar. It's the Tellique software that can't connect to it and the T icon remains red.

I thought computers were supposed to make life easier?

Paul

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor