EumetCastViewer crashes

Hartmut Schulla

Hi folks!

I downloaded and installed EumetCastViewer 64Bit from Github on Win10 64bit.

It crashes immediatly after the start on both machines (Server2008r2 64Bit and WIN10 64Bit).

There is one message: „Need the Sentinel-3 TLEs“ before the crash.

An very early old version runs smoothly.

The Application Error Log shows the following:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: EUMETCastView.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x61a8d143

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000000000

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4858

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8053eb30a5d48

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Tools\DeployEUMETCastView\EUMETCastView.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown

Berichtskennung: 2ae2e7f7-7132-11ec-b750-ffffffffffff

Any idea?

Regards

Hartmut

Von: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Im Auftrag von Philip Robinson
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. Jänner 2022 12:48
An: MSG-1@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] FY-3D

Ernst

Please dont give up on me. I have sorted it all out i hope

I have not gone out today to try and get my head around this and it all boiled down to something incredibly simple. i knew it would be.

when i right clicked on my properties icon on all my Tellicast icons the target was still to my C: drive. So obviously I have now altered all the targets  to D:drive. So a lot of  the work i was editing  in my D: drive clients folders was a waste of time.

I then had to go through all my cast-client.ini files and do some very careful editing of them to ensure i had all the correct interfaces and target paths because they were now messed up.

Restarted all my clients again and hey presto EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE and it works. I am receiving all my HVS-2, HVS-1 and BAS files and the logs are where they should be. Davids programmes seem to be fine.

As Ernst said it was a mess.

I dont want to know what "Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen!" means but I feel its not pleasant

i am off to a dark room now

regards

Philip

Just double checked and all is good. "Those who refuse to follow rules shall feel the consequences". Too right.

------ Original Message ------

From: "Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io" <ernst.lobsiger@...>

Sent: 08/01/2022 11:10:00

Subject: Re: [MSG-1] FY-3D

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 02:14 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:

Yes, i did restart the tellicast clients 

Philip,

I GIVE UP: You simply tell us the TelliCast client is broken as it is unable to log on D:.
Go on with your own "next step" of deleting all TelliCast stuff on C:. But don't blame
me if things don't work as expected anymore: "Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen!"

Regards,
Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join MSG-1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.