From: "Graham Woolf" <woolfg@...>
Sent: 03/01/2022 10:05:14
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Using begiiners guide to PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for Windows10 64bit

Good Morning Philip

There is an issue with David's Metop Manager in that there isnt an option to save the raw data to a specified location like there is in the MSG Data Manager and I dont think there ever will be

However if you  untick Delete Files from RX in the Metop Manager then it will continually reprocess all the files again and again - it doesnt seem to recognise which files have been processed for that day and which havent so it just does the whole lot over again

The solution I found is to set up a process that watches the EPS-10 directory and as soon as new files come in it copies them to a specified location. It does this before the Metop Manager processes them which means I can leave Delete Files from RX ticked . However for my solution it does involve extra software to monitor the EPS-10 directory

Its just something to be aware of if you decide to use pytroll for Metop images

It doesnt seem to be a problem with Himawari ,GOES16/17s as they do have an option to save the raw data

I dont know why the Metop Manager is different

Regards

Graham