Re: Using begiiners guide to PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for Windows10 64bit

Philip Robinson

Ernst
if They are not available by downloading does it still work if you were kind enough to send me copies of the folders GHSS_shp, WDBII.shp and SHAPEFILES.TXT. As long as i install them in the correct gshhg-shp folder , i presume that will not effect my following of your installation instructions.
regards
Philip

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 01/01/2022 18:29:13
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Using begiiners guide to PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for Windows10 64bit

Ernst
thanks for the reply
I will try to explain a little clearer
When i downloaded the gshhg-gmt-2.3.7tar.gz and extracted the contents, the GSHHS_shp and WDBII.shp are not there, and SHAPEFILES.TXT is not there either. I have the files below
COPYING.LESSERv3
COPYINGv3
LICENSE.txt 
READEME.txt
but i also have lots of .inc files
regards
Philip
------ Original Message ------
From: "Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io" <ernst.lobsiger@...>
Sent: 01/01/2022 18:18:46
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Using begiiners guide to PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for Windows10 64bit

Philip,

welcome to the club of PyTROLL/Satpy users. GSHHG is the name of a collection that has the two parts WDBII (that originated somewhere in the cold war of the 1970ies) and GSHHS.
You get this collection in different file formats. PyTROLL/Satpy uses shape files (which is different from what Hugo uses IIRC). In my data structure these are in the folder gshhg-shp.

Hope this helps and ATB for 2022,
Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join MSG-1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.