Re: Dual Link Margin script SR1lm.pl

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 07:01 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
The simple answer is that the SR1 returns these values directly, but it's not always clear which mode it's referring to. We were unaware of the alternative derivation all that time ago. Agreed that direct would be better.
David,

yes, that's exactly the problem with the SR1 and VCM on T1. With snmp once you get the LM for BAS (8psk 3/5) and then you get the LM for HVS-1 (16apsk 2/3) just as with the SSH display. Under Windows you have always tried to get both values by high speed snmp sampling and then try to figure out which is which. But my above equations stem from simply watching SNR and LM values of the SR1 via ssh for a while back in 2014. I'd be surprised if anything has changed since maybe with some firmware update. I only had an SR1 as pilot user from EUMETSAT and (different from what they said at the beginning of the DVB-S to DVB-S2 transition phase) I had to send it back later. But as I said: You have the SNR of T1 with no problem via snmp. So the LM calculation can easily be done on the Windows side either in Perl or even with CMD. I have not used MRTG for a decade now but you David could certainly provide a simple solution ...