TBS 6903 tuner allocations

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ernst,

I recall that the two tunes on the 6908 - or their driver software under
Windows - should be used in a particular way because of buffering differences.

I see from an earlier screen-shot (attached) that I used to have:

Device 2, tuner 0, transponder 1.
Device 1, tuner 1, transponder 2.

On page: https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html
Image:
https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/TBS-single-cable-1-Status-Tuner-production.png

On a rebuilt PC I see that

Device 1, tuner 1, transponder 1.
Device 2, tuner 0, transponder 2.

Would this cause a problem like high packet loss on TP1? I'm seeing a steady
packet loss (and missed 1000/hour, recovered 2000/hour) but only on transponder
1. TP2 is essentially lossless.

The current graphs are here: https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_lund.php

The loss seems to stop when I'm actually at the PC, which makes me think it may
not be the TBS at all, but some other background process which runs when I
leave the PC, but I have tried to disable some such as anti-virus on the
EUMETCast processes and tc-recv.exe.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,