Re: HVS-1 data
Terence O'Hanlon Smith
Ernst, and anyone to whom it may be of interest,
after yesterday's dismal weather, with a SNR of near 8.0dB, and losses even of basic data, I took advantage of the sunny spell this morning to climb on the garage roof and tweak my 90cm dish and LNB.
I used my and my wife's mobile phones on Facetime, one with it's camera on the BDAdatex window on the screen in my study, and the other with me on the garage roof. This made it possible watch any improvement in SNR as I adjusted the receptors.
From the 8.2dB with which the professional left me, I managed to obtain 11.3dB.
What particularly took me by surprise was that, once the dish pointing and LNB focus and skew were near optimum, I was able to more finely improve th SNR by simply tightening or loosening each of the four bolts clamping the dish mount to the wall bracket. These theoretically only adjust azimuth, but by adjusting each bolt in turn I was able to further improve SNR by at least a half decibel. How sensitive is that!
Anyway, thanks to y'all, particularly Ernst, for the heads-up, without which I would still be languishing in despair.
Needless to say, by the time I came back indoors the data was flowing happily into the HVS-1 instance of Tellicast without me needing to touch anything else; so it appears, surprisingly, that at least I had done everything correctly in software set up.
On 09/11/2021 18:14, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io wrote:
On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 09:33 AM, T-Online wrote: