Re: Tellicast Reset

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 17/09/2021 13:48, Cornish Man via groups.io wrote:
I have the same problem
Would like to see if anyone have any ideas as well
If you need to reset TelliCast manually - to continue data gathering - something is very wrong. If you mean that you need to go into the HTML Shell to reset a yellow or red indication that is completely normal.

As to what is causing the issue, we found a long time ago that an excess of CPU, network, or disk activity could upset the operation of TelliCast, and that using a RAMdisk for either the temp or the temp and received files could ameliorate the problem to a great extent.

This has all been written up in the GEO Quarterly and on my Web site, and the temp & received solution has been extensively discussed here.