Hard disk drives - CMR and SMR - CMR needed still with RAMdisk?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ernst,

I've looked through this year's messages, but I cannot find this part of the discussion!

IIRC, you said that having a CMR disk was still important, even if you had both the tmp and received files on a RAMdisk (and in my case using RoboCopy to transfer from RAMdisk to HDD). I can't recall why this was the case, so if I did remember correctly could you possibly remind me or point to the relevant message?

Thanks,