PC requirements - comparison of single and dual systems.

Timestep <Information@...>

From: Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth England
e-mail Information@Time-step.com
Web site http://www.Time-step.com
Tel. +44 (0)1803 833366
Fax. +44 (0)1803 839498

Running HRV animation on the Pentium 2.4 (less than 300 pounds) I get an
average of just 9 disc writes a second which seems OK to me.

I'm not saying everyone should use a single computer, but that it is
perfectly acceptable. In the old days we could not animate much WEFAX with
4Mb RAM, but most people only wanted to animate D2. A lot of people are put
off the idea of two computers, even I was scared of networking 2 years ago,
but I honestly think we should encourage newcomers and the not so technical,
to start with one computer.

Dave