Re: Loss of Eumetcast signal via SR1 rx

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 31/07/2021 10:05, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Terrence and David,
David, you may recall I had problems with accessing PuTTY some time ago - which had worked for many years.
Apparently the same problem as Terrence(?).
Something like 'can't connect or find COM 3.'
Though the setup windows to use this 'management route' were accessible and 'tick-able.'
You suggested clicking the 'Einstein' - top right of the SR1 controller - which brings up the SR1 Controller Settings Window allowing you to click Telnet under 'Options.'
This brings up the Telnet window - which in my case - is blank - but closing it, then clicking (Options) Telnet again, re-opens the Telnet window with
Username: telnet
Password:
Typing in telnet after Password: - and pressing Enter, then opens all the numbered management numbered options.
Yes, John, the requirement to activate Telnet twice is confusing! You can, of course, use any Telnet program, from anywhere on your local network.

As I was concerned about retiring one PC (portable, no battery) which had been used to set up SR1 boxes through the USB port, I tried to reproduce the installation on a completely fresh Windows-10 PC. I installed the VCP driver from the CD, and PuTTY (64-bit), and could connect without any problems. Perhaps that might help?