Re: Loss of Eumetcast signal via SR1 rx

Ernst Lobsiger

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 01:11 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
Yes, there is a configuration setting in the SR1 to enable/disable the LNB voltage. Configuration, Choose the Active one, F: LNB power, I think.
Terence and David,

yes indeed according to the SR1 Manual F) LNB Power lets you select OFF, 13V and 18V (18V needed for H). If this does not work maybe setting up the second plug RF2 for EUMETCast might still work.
AFAIK not all SR1 models sold let you do that. IIRC a "cheaper" GEO sold model could not be used to switch for Dual Mode and Single Mode. For above case you should be able to use Single Mode on RF2.
EUMETSAT might help. There is also an interesting note in the EUMETSAT published SR1 setup guide on page 6. Has anybody reading this ever run such an EUMETCast reception configuration (I doubt it) ?

N-B: Even when working in single demodulator mode you can have two RF inputs in redundancy mode - you can have two antennas and if one LNB fail the SR1 will automatically switch to the other one.