Re: Missing packets

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 12:30 AM, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
I'm experiencing a lot of missed packets like never before and I didn't change anything in my configuration. The setup is made up of Laptop with i7 2.2Ghz, 16GB Ram, TBS5927, hub usb with 1tb ext hdd and tellicast eku.
Thanks.

Daniele Guardigli
Daniele,

from your first post it even seems you use an external usb hub with a 1GB external HDD attached. If your TelliCast client file system directly goes to this HDD then I'd suspect the USB system (with Receiver, EKU, HDD is kind of overloaded). If the system ran fine for some time but then suddenly almost stopped working, then again check your external HDD for CMR versus SMR recording. It *MUST* be CMR. Unfortunately not all manufacturers specify that. If your HDD has a large buffer (disk cache memory) like 128 - 256MB then this points to SMR.