Re: AppImage EUMETCastView v1.5.2 for Linux

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 07:45 AM, Hugo wrote:
By installing a WSL2 Ubuntu GUI isn't it possible to just run an AppImage in the virtual machine instead of running an Xserver (MobaXterm)?
Markus,

apparently we did different things. You started EUMETCastView within the virtual machine that has its graphics system up and running.
I ran MobaXterm on my Windows 10 PRO64 to start EUMETCastView via ssh on a Debian 10 Buster CLI only PC (needs fuse to work).
MobaXterm provided the X-Server and this one is not capable of understanding all OpenGL stuff that Hugo built into EUMETCastView.