Re: Old TechniSat card & DVBWorld interface

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 01:45 AM, <diogenes1@...> wrote:
Hello all, I have the following items used in earlier satellite setups and I am wondering are they of any use for anything today.

Technisat SkyStar 2 TV - pci card and DVBWorld DVB-S interface

Regards, Peter
Peter,

it depends on available drivers for your OS and on what "anything" means. If it comes to EUMETCast yours are a nogo.

All I can say is that the "Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD" (PCIe) works very well for Basic Service only under GNU/Linux.
For the above PCIe card EUMETSAT has written a setup guide but I doubt that this HW is any good under Windows 10.

If it comes to USB boxes the "Technisat SkyStar USB HD" used to work under GNU/Linux wirth a CrazyCat adapted driver.
It is the exact USB equivalent of the card above. Whether it still works with the TBS Open Source drivers has to be tested.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284290957110?hash=item42310fbf36:g:yQgAAOSwdzJgmmux