Re: GOMS3 support in the MSG Data Manager beta

Douglas Deans

On 30/03/2021 11:22, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io wrote:
On 26/03/2021 11:35, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io wrote:
GOMS3 support in the MSG Data Manager beta

Folks,

For those of you wanting to try the recently released GOMS3 data on
EUMETCast there is a beta update to the MSG Data Manager here:

    https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

I am not currently happy with the IR4 data which appears to have a
double or out of focus image (not caused by my program as far as I know)
and the Visible channel seems to have the excessive gain issue which was
present on GOMS2 visible.  IIRC it was far too dark (full scale being
far less than 100%) and EUMETSAT tweaked their processing to compensate).

Reports welcome.

MSG Data Manager beta updated today with a better gain setting for the visible channel.
Sample using GeoSatSignal attached.

Very nice David. Many thanks.