Re: GOMS3 support in the MSG Data Manager beta

James Brown

That’s excellent. Thank you.

James.

On 30 Mar 2021, at 11:24, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

On 26/03/2021 11:35, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io wrote:
GOMS3 support in the MSG Data Manager beta
Folks,
For those of you wanting to try the recently released GOMS3 data on
EUMETCast there is a beta update to the MSG Data Manager here:
https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm
I am not currently happy with the IR4 data which appears to have a
double or out of focus image (not caused by my program as far as I know)
and the Visible channel seems to have the excessive gain issue which was
present on GOMS2 visible. IIRC it was far too dark (full scale being
far less than 100%) and EUMETSAT tweaked their processing to compensate).
Reports welcome.
MSG Data Manager beta updated today with a better gain setting for the visible channel.

Sample using GeoSatSignal attached.

<GOMS3-false_colour.jpg>
<GOMS3-false_colour-crop.jpg>