Re: Satellite images for 21st August 2007

R. Alblas

Bernard,
I am not sure about David's programs, but xrit2pic can handle it (after a small update to accept MSG2).
I don't know what exactly will be done with the image; e.g. currently xrit2pic doesn't handle correct calibration of IR images. But it can reproduce jpeg (including false colour).
Tools of Eumetsat can also be used  (of course), i.e., Data Tailor:

https://www.eumetsat.int/data-tailor

These images can be downloaded easily from internet, without need of satellite receiving equipment, after requesting an api key.

For more info see:

http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/eds.html

Regards,
Rob.

On 29-03-2021 10:02, Bernard Burton via groups.io wrote:
Hello Rob, That sounds as if it may help, but I am not sure what 'native format' is. Could it be converted to jpeg or gif for example? Or would it have to be read by one of David's programs, like HRPT Reader?  I do have copies of MSG Manager, AVHRR Manager, Geosat Signal and HRPT Reader. Regrads B