Re: Pytroll/SatPy problems with GOES16 script

Daniele Guardigli

Yes I did, and the area selected is "full_scan". On the batch file I wrote "set PPP_CONFIG_DIR=C:/EMCtools/pppconfig", like cmd files provided as example.

Il giorno lun 1 mar 2021 alle ore 14:33 Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger=belponline.ch@groups.io> ha scritto:
Daniele,

Have you done point 6) of the HOWTO? It seems 'area' is not defined ...

6) Environment variables
------------------------

Pytroll/SatPy is mainly looking for two environment variables:

# Path and name of wavelet decompression tool xRITDecompress.exe
XRIT_DECOMPRESS_PATH=C:/EMCtools/exefiles/xRITDecompress.exe
This is only used if you want Satpy to handle decompression. This was not
available when I started my scripts. I set the path directly in the code.

# In this directory you manage your own configuration files locally. This is
really recommended if you begin to experiment with your own map projections.
These are defined in file areas.yaml where I added e.g. cyprus, isleofman, ..
PPP_CONFIG_DIR=C:/EMCtools/pppconfig

The original default files are found under the lengthy path (don't change those!):
C:\users\username\miniconda3\envs\pytroll\Lib\site-packages\satpy\etc\areas.yaml

Environment variables can be added/set for your user account by "googling" bottom left for "ENV".
Then you permanently add the variable name and variable value to your personal environment only.
(**DO NOT CHANGE OR DELETE OTHER ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES AND DO NOT TOUCH THE SYSTEM VARIABLES**.)

Of course they can also be set at the command prompt after opening a black Miniconda3 window:
set PPP_CONFIG_DIR=C:/EMCtools/pppconfig
As long as the black Miniconda3 window stays open, this environment variable is now known.

Finally they can be set easily in batch files before the Python scripts are invoked: