Re: PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0

Christian Peters

Hi PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit users,

just for info: I installed the PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 today successfully on a Raspberry Pi 4, 4GB RAM on MicroSD card.
I had to solve some minor problems, but I’m amazed what is possible, even with the 4GB version. MSG4, Him8 and GOES16 full disk works, even MSG4 eurol area. I even could do a stacked NOAA-20 picture, all in around 3-5min per image.
S3A/B is not possible at the moment with 4GB ram. Maybe you have to install the system on an USB HD and activate swap to solve this issue or you switch to the 8GB RAM version.

You really get a tiny little satellite image processor in combination with the PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0.

I hope some native English speaker give the PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 a try and we maybe will read something in next GEO Quaterly…?

Regards,

Christian

See attached pics:

Am 22.01.2021 um 22:45 schrieb Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...>:

Daniele,

what 'area' do you want to display?
Do you have the GOES16 files you are asking for?
Enable satpy debugging as described in the HOWTO!