Re: PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for GNU/Linux

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 05:01 AM, nigel wrote:

Hi Ernst,

I've started on installing your PyTROLL/StPy on a Raspberry Pi4, following your HOWTO_V30.txt and have come across a problem with Miniconda3 not being 32bit. I see that Christian has used "virtualenv" - could you kindly point me towards your GNU/Linux HOWTO 2.0, so that I can try this route, please ?

Many thanks,

Nigel

Nigel,

this HOWTO is attached to message 28324 on this list

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/28324

Just use the part 2) on how to install the PyTROLL/SatPy environment with "virtualenv" and pip(3).
Instead of conda you will always use pip as your installer (Miniconda3 for RASPI seems not to exist).
You will also have to compile xRITDecompress (I have packed the source with the Starter Kit V3)

Good Luck