Re: GOES 16 R Decoding Software

Christian Peters

Mike,

you could use Eumetcastview (Win/Linux)

or software form David Taylor (Win)

or xrit2pic (Win/Linux)

or PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.0 for GNU/Linux (Linux/Win CLI only!)
(search the group messages for the packages)

As the developers are present on the group they certainly will answer.
As written this image was done with the new  PyTROLL/SatPy starter kit. In this case it was a done on a low power mini pc, 16GB Ram, Intel Celeron J1900, Debian10 Linux. But 8GB should be even work.

Regards,

Christian

Am 18.01.2021 um 01:56 schrieb MZFB via groups.io <MZFB@...>:

Christina
I'm sorry I didn't comment on image, it really looks like what I'm after. What hardware are using to decode. If you could elaborate on the specifics of the hardware that would help me a lot.
Thanks
Mike