Re: PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.

Douglas Deans

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 06:50 AM, Douglas Deans wrote:
Meantime thanks to you and Ernst for the help.
Douglas,
sounds strange. This could mean that decompression does not work. Could you please post these things of a non working MSG4 V3 script:
segdir = '????'
toodrp = '????'
datdrp = '????'
Where is EMCtools  V3 installed in Windows (e.g. C:\EMCtools)?
Where is EMCdata  V3 installed in Windows (e.g. D:\EMCdata)?
What does "echo  %PPP_CONFIG_DIR%" output at a CMD prompt?
Did you make a copy of the coastlines in EMCdata/gshhg-shp from V1 to V3? In any case you must have the same files in this directory in both versions!

Ernst thanks for the check list which I am working through.
Unfortunately at the moment my brother and I are trying to arrange a funeral for our aunt amidst all the Covid restrictions. Due to distance etc., and full lockdown, all has to be done by phone so I just do not have much time at the moment to concentrate.
Did not want you to think that I was not responding to your mails and I would also like sometime to look and see if I can resolve the issues.

Will report back when I make progress.
Had some success with GOES 16 but not 100%.

Best regards,