Re: PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.

Ian Deans

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM, Ian Deans wrote:
Got to the bit about downloads directory ---- what is that I do not
use it, my downloads go to a personal folder in Windows 10.
Ian,
no problem. Two words for the same thing. Before Windows with no graphics everybody used the term directory. The name folder appeared with these icons that unfortunately hide what's behind.
Open your Downloads Folder with the Windows Explorer and look what you have there as files.
Then open this dreadful CMD black "DOS" window, left click in the black to get the "focus", at the prompt > type cd Downloads, press Enter, you are in your folder Dowloads.
Your prompt will look something like C:\Users\ian\Downloads >. It's a nested structure. Type dir and press Enter. You'll see the same files as before one file name per line.
Good luck
Ernst
Ernst I do not want to bother you any more with this. Without doing any of the above I can tell you I do not have a download folder in C:\Users\ian\. It may have been deleted a few years ago, to allow me better control.

Thanks