Re: PyTROLL/SatPy Starter Kit V3.

Ian Deans

On 09/01/2021 19:03, Ferdinand Valk wrote:

All,
Don’t hesitate and follow the HowTo that Ernst has made available. It is seriously easy to follow and implement, just as is the case with David’s suite of programs, and it brings direct result to your screen. Apart from widening the possibilities to work with the current data, a great advantage is that it opens up a road into the future. The people behind Pytroll/Satpy are continuously expanding the scope of work and improving on what already exists. It is for most people the only way to smoothly transition to MTG and Sentinel 5 onwards without having to spend big money.
So, take a first dip into this fresh water!
Good luck.
Ferdinand

On the other hand if like me ( and I don't consider myself a fool ) you have zero knowledge of computer programming and zero knowledge of computer jargon ( and that is very important ) you will have little chance of getting past the first few lines --- that is the reality.