Re: experiences and lessons learned with a fresh Eumetcast install for WIndows and Linux

Ernst Lobsiger

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 01:54 PM, George Sz wrote:
everything works fine so far.
George,

if you run the service with EUMETSAT's script "dvb-eumetcast" chances are that "dvb-eumetcast stop" does not work. It should deconfigure all the multicast routes, kill szap and the daemon smcroute.
But now the daemon is smcroute(d!!). I also use an /etc/tc-smcroute.cfg file where I enable only my DVB-Interfaces with lines like "phyint dvb0_0 enable" and start the daemon with the command
"smcrouted -c 0 -N -f /etc/tc-smcroute.cfg > /dev/null 2>&1". Without the -N switch the multicast router wants to take care of all interfaces it finds. I do not want that for my network card. I kill the
daemon with "smcroutectl kill > /dev/null 2>&1". The new version has a well written manual page ...