Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast..Help

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 10:29 AM, <rnosborne@...> wrote:
There is still a lot to learn but at least I am on my way and thanks for the beginner instructions.
Richard,

welcome to the Club. Stay with GNU/Linux whenever possible! I do all my development there. Much more versatile and performant.
You find a very old HOWTO for GNU/Linux below. It has never got much attention and is certainly deprecated. Only with the Windows
HOWTO V1.0 (one good thing out of the first Corona Lockdown) I tried to make things more simple and less technical. Maybe you still
find a couple of ideas below. When I will issue a V2.0 for Windows towards the end of 2020 I will also publish all my scripts for GNU/Linux.
All this is also based on Miniconda3 for a better synchronization with Windows 10 even if we have other possibilities under GNU/Linux.

Stay tuned,
Ernst

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/28324