Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast..Help

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 11:26 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
A simple "double-click setup.exe" is what many people would prefer.
It's the results they want, not the "under the hood".
David
Pytroll/Satpy will *never* be that way. It's scripting, working at a prompt and using an editor then and when.
People that just want results and are reluctant to read documentation and even some code should not touch
Pytroll/Satpy. It's learning by doing: One week ago I had no idea about the SAR on Sentinel-1A/B. Of course
as a Pysicist that has worked in remote sensing I knew what SAR means even if had forgotten a couple of
technical details. Today we had the first 50x50m resolution SAR images of iceberg A68. And Ferdinand
already added an image of Larsen-C. That's the sort of things that can only be done with Pytroll/Satpy ...
Installing the basic tools and perhaps a sample script should not be impossible. That's all I'm suggesting. Give people a helping hand.