Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast..Help

maurizio.calvitti@...

Ernst,

you are right.

In order to exploit the potential of Pytroll / Satpy most of us (used to working with a double-click configuration to start and go ..) have to reset their mindset.

However from what I understand you can appreciate the advantages of Pytroll / Satpy especially working with SAR on Sentinel 1A / B, while for the other Eumetcast services (Bas, HVS-1 and HVS2), the classic applications provided by David, plus Eumetcastviewer , they do their best.

It's right?

However I love challenges ...

I installed Pytroll / Satpy on my PC ... everything was fine ...

But now, if I want to process raw msg4 files what should I do? (Sorry my brain has been formatted by Windows over the years!).

Reading the basic guide I cannot start a process ...

Thank you very much

Ciao,

Maurizio