Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

Ernst Lobsiger

Ferdinand,

As I understand it you can let the link be e-mailed to (one of ) your address(es) and then post it or it can be sent directly to the MSG-1 list (?). It seems everybody knowing the link can download.

Yes the higher the resolution the lower a chance you have a good pass. You can use both Sentinel-1A/1B. Swath in SAR EW mode (as normally used in marine environments) is 410km only.

See:  https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/user-guides/sentinel-1-sar/acquisition-modes

A godd thing in my SARmicro.py script is that you can easily adjust the area (lat_0 and lon_0) to get as much of the segment at hand as possible. Nice to see your Pytroll/Satpy progress ...

Best regards