Re: Receiving and Processing Geostationary Images
Thanks for information.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
A couple of questions.
Is there a recommended DVB-S2 receiver to go for.
Is the LNB on a Sky dish suitable or is there a better alternative to use.
What is the link to get the EUMETSAT software and USB dongle.
Thanks for the help.
From: MSGemail@example.com <MSGfirstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of David J Taylor GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Sent: 11 December 2020 08:25
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Receiving and Processing Geostationary Images
On 10/12/2020 20:34, Allan Sloan via groups.io wrote:
I have just got back into receiving weather satellites, getting my RX2Allan,
There would be good write-ups on previous GEO Quarterly journals, now all on the Web. My Web site may help. The 1.7 GHz service is no more.
- 80 cm or bigger dish
- DVB-S2 receiver, cheapest 2nd hand TBS5925, USB out so works with a portable PC too.
- EUMETSAT software and USB dongle (free)
- Processing & display software
- free (much assembly required, Windows or Linux)
- my own MSG Toolset Plus suite (ready to go, Windows)
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you