Re: A68, SAR

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 07/12/2020 13:33, Ferdinand Valk wrote:
Ernst,
I was already reluctant to post it at the 8MB as it was advertised on my PC. Great surprise to see it appearing at 12 MB on the Group.
For sure David will be able to either calm our conscience or rebuke us for clogging up the systems. :-)
By the way, the image size was already reduced by about 40% and diluted to 50% quality jpeg. The tiff itself clocked in at 220 MB.
Concerning similar global SAR data on EUMETCast, I haven’t found it yet.
Will wait for David’s verdict.
Cheers,
Ferdinand
Folks,

The JPEG size is 12,084 kB, so no problem. The size depends on the compression level, of course, so perhaps you have a "Save As" option where you can play with the compression level to keep the detail while reducing the file size.

There's some information on storage limits here:

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/7137

MSG-1 is currently using 47% of its allocated 1 GB storage, mainly in attachments, so if we need more we'll need to upgrade us from Basic to Premium. It could cost $220/year (from the last figure I heard).

So if you like the images be sure to take your own copy (noting who is the originator to give them credit should the image be published).