From: MSG-1@groups.io On Behalf Of Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 06 December, 2020 15:16
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 02:40 PM, Ferdinand Valk wrote:

I was thinking that maybe the combination of 3A and 3B could give sufficient coverage to make a movie, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Cheers,

Ferdinand

Ferdinand and All

Movies are possible with Metop-A/B/C and GOES-16. Sentinel-3A + Sentinel-3B hand combined will give the highest
resolution animations (OLCI has 300m IFV at SSP) but at the downside of some black corners (all 1 frame per day!).

.

Landfall of iceberg A68 to South Georgia seems to be around Christmas 2020, maybe even somewhat earlier (estimated from above images).