Tellicast Monitoring - Localhost

Tim Holdsworth

All,
My reception and display of Eumetcast output is and was  working properly.
But my Tellicast monitoring (localhost:8100) was not.
When my browser is asked to display localhost:8100 it displayed the website of a well known radio station.
After searching the net for a possible solution without success I asked Ops for help.
They replied very quickly, "search for a file called 'index.html' and delete it".
This fixed the problem.
But I do not understand why when my browser is asked to go to localhost:8100 it displays something else.
An explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Tim Holdsworth