Re: FY-3D.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 06:20 AM, Douglas Deans wrote:
Ernst I probably need to look at this more closely, but when I do have a failure it usually checks out as ok on EUMETCastView in colour.
Having said that today's image has produced fine.

Douglas

Be sure to give enough time slack for the data to arrive. If you already had todays picture before your last post then the timing may be tight on some days. My scripts
do not know when the files arrive. They do not predict passes but they look at the available file names with segment times and reverse calculate the orbit positions.
For todays almost overhead pass the last file was 13:17 UTC but yesterday (as the nearest pass was more west of IsleOfMan) it was 13:36 UTC and this can even be later.
You have to add an additional worst case slack of 50 minutes (half an typical sun synchronous sat revolution time) to the time of maximum elevation of a central pass.
Then you have EARS timelyness which IIRC is up to another 30 minutes. If you make a picture while data is comming in you could end up with a list of unpaired
1000m and GEO1k files. Then simply try 30 minutes later again (remember FY-3D has LTAN 14:00 which is also 30 minutes after NOAA-20 and Suomi-NPP).