Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

Ernst Lobsiger

Ferdinand,

I'am really a scientist but I have worked as a teacher most of the time.
Therefore it's nice to see you arrived at chapter 8.) of my text already:

8) Where do we go from here
What composites need what instrument channels? Find answers here:
C:\users\username\miniconda3\envs\pytroll\Lib\site-packages\satpy\etc\composites
For almost every RGB composite there are interesting short "Guides" like the one I attached.
You find them all in directory "Guides" of Diego Souzas SHOWCast program suite which under
the hood actually uses Pytroll/Satpy for image processing. You find SHOWCast here:

https://geonetcast.wordpress.com/2020/07/08/new-showcast-release-v-2-0-0/

My 2.0 version is still on the TODO list. I have to ready my garden (jungle) for the looming winter.

Best regards