Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

Christian Peters

Graham,

it’s not just a script, I had to do custom composites, enhancements, adding a custom area definition, the colorbar file etc.
This is not provided in Pytroll as they don’t distribute the big background tiff files. Therefore this composites are not build in.

Maybe you should start with GeoSatSignal as it’s a lot more easy to get those images.

If Ernst will provide a V2 version of his Pytroll Win packet maybe I can provide some of these composites to implement them in his packet.

Regards,

Christian

Am 08.11.2020 um 12:52 schrieb David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

i Christian

Wow - I love those images

Is it possible for you to send me the code you use to get those images so that I can try it in my files

Regards

Graham

You should also be able to make similar images with GeoSatSignal, of course, using background mode.