Re: TBS 6903 Signal Display

diogenes1@...

Hello John and thanks to those who responded to my problem. Setting up dishes is certainly my bête noire, you may remember a little while ago when I raised the topic of aligning my 1.5m dish - I never did achieve that. I live in a difficult location for satellites, a river valley with hills on both sides and trees as a further complication. I have both HVS streams on the TBS 6903 and on a seperate pc the SR1 used for the basic service. I use AeroAdmin between pcs and laptop so I will try using SR1 Control instead, at least I will be able to see the larger dials!
Regards, Peter

Nov 8, 2020, 12:21 by geojohnt@...:

Alan and Peter,

I agree with Alan 'you' really need to see 'a meter' at the dish when you are adjusting it.

I use TeamViewer between my computer and mobile phone.
Using an SR1 for EUMETCast I can relay the three SR1 readout dials enlarged on the phone screen.

Beware Peter, if my dish is not aligned to 10 A but a same frequency and polarisation transponder on another satellite, the meter will indicate good SNR and Power - but no data present on the Traffic dial.
So it is easy to be mislead(?) by a close-by satellite.

Eutelsat 9 B does not have a transponder on EUMETCast TP 1 so that is not a problem.
Mind you, if your dish was aligned to 9 B you are almost there anyway.

So, if the TBS setup window also shows data flow then that is an aid.