Re: TBS 6903 Signal Display

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello all, I am trying, once more, to set up my dish and I am using the signal strength indicator in the TBS control panel. The level sits at 49% and then suddenly jumps up to 98% sits there for a while then moves back down again. I am monitoring two seperate connections from the lnb to the card and both move in unison. I have tried a different lnb with similar results. Does anyone know quite what the card is measuring when it says signal strength? Will this include noise or is it the pure satellite signal?
Regards, Peter

Peter,

The TBS software never worked properly for me. Try using BDADataEx instead (you can likely still use the TBS afterwards). If the TBS reports dB rather then some meaningless percentage, use that. Remember it the best SNR you need, not necessarily the strongest signal. Maybe "quality" in TBS-speak?