Re: FY-3D

James Brown

On 03/11/2020 10:24, James Brown wrote:
On 03/11/2020 10:08, Douglas Deans via groups.io wrote:
On 03/11/2020 09:19, James Brown wrote:
On 01/11/2020 17:25, Hugo wrote:
/Hi,

/This is the first time in several days that I am able to receive NOAA-20 without the gaps over England and Belgium.
I don't know about FY3D and NPP ( I don't receive these sats for the moment ).
Can anyone confirm this if this true ?

Kind regards,

Hugo
I wonder if under the general heading I could ask what I might be doing wrong with regard to displaying the FY-3D data in Eumetcastview?

When I first installed the new version a few day ago I got some low resolution images when I selected segments off the global view. Now all I get is a mass of horizontal lines of dots.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

James

Hello James,
I checked this morning and all seems well with FY-3D (other than the individual channel issue that Hugo will fix).
If you select 'True colours' do you have the same issue and does the faulty image also appear in the texture on the globe ?

Thanks Douglas,

None of the configuration alternatives do anything except change the colour of the bands. On the globe view the selected segments remain unfilled.

Might try a fresh installation when Hugo updates.

Cheers,

James
I think I might have solved it - something to do with night versus daylight passes. Have to rejig the settings I think as I have found under show all segments files that do work.

Thanks for the help,

James