Re: FY-3D

Ernst Lobsiger

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 06:22 AM, <john.haslam4@...> wrote:
For me the problem started on 12th October and affects both SUOMI-NPP and NOAA 20 ascending and descending passes between 50N and 60N; at the moment I do not receive FY-3D
I emailed OPS and they informed me that they were not aware of any anomalies in the data. I have sent them my verbose logfiles and copies of the H5 segment files associated with today's descending SUOMI-NPP pass about 10E of the UK as delivered by Tellicast.
Interestingly the HF fileĀ  associated with the missing lines is always significantly smaller than its neighbours.
I have got Python working for GOES 16 under Windows 10 thanks to Ernst's guide. Hope to move on to polar orbiters soon.

Best Rgds

John
John

For Suomi_NPP and Noaa_20 I can confirm your observations. The segments where we see the black gaps pretend
in their file names to be the standard length of app. 85 seconds. But their size is often only 50% of normal segments.

For FY-3D half of the pass over U.K. is simply missing. It's not disseminated. Documented for OPS on 3 orbits each.